Per NPCI UPI security guidelines, we need to verify your mobile number by sending an SMS from your phone. This ensures that you are in possession of the SIM card associated with your mobile number and makes your UPI transactions secure. Once your mobile number is verified, your accounts can be linked to your UPI account.
To ensure that your device verification is successful, be mindful of the following:
- Make sure you are in a good network zone
- Choose the correct SIM while verifying your mobile number in case of dual SIM phones
- Make sure that you have an active SMS pack & have sufficient balance to be able to send SMS from your device
- Send the SMS within 5 seconds of when the SMS prompt appears on your screen. This is to ensure your safety.
- When the device verification is in progress, do not switch between applications